The Jesus Movement
A Video of Bishop Mary Gray-Reeves interviewing Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
Sample Questions for The Jesus Movement
Round One: Getting Started / Why Are We Here?
- What interested you or drew you to this conversation?
Round Two: Core Values
Answer one or more of the following:
- What sense of purpose / mission / duty guides you in your life?
- What would your best friend say about who you are and what makes you “tick”?
- What are your hopes and concerns for your community and/or the country now and long-term?
Round Three: The Jesus Movement
Remember that the goal for this conversation is to listen and learn about different opinions and where we have shared interests, intentions and goals.
- What is your personal response to the language, “The Jesus Movement”?
- What is a movement to you?
- What would it take for you to be part of a movement?
- What is your hope for the church? How do we become that hope?
Round Four: What Are We Learning Here?
Answer one or more of the following questions:
- In one sentence, share what was most meaningful / valuable to you in the experience of this Living Room Conversation.
- What learning, new understanding or common ground was found on this topic?
- Has this conversation changed your perception of anyone in this group, including yourself?
Round Five: Accomplishment and Next Steps
Answer the following questions:
- What is one important thing you thought was accomplished here?
- Is there a next step you would like to take based upon the conversation you just had?