- “The Blessing of the Animals”- October 4th, 11:15 am (Labyrinth Overlook Area) . Fr Brian will celebrate his first “Blessing of the Animals” at St Paul’s. Dogs should be leashed, and cats caged. Other critters corralling at your discretion. We’re sure Miss Digby will enjoy meeting all of you too.
- Men’s Retreat: Just another reminder. The Men’s Labyrinth Retreat scheduled for this weekend has been postponed until Spring. Look for upcoming news for this very special event.
- Banners: Many thanks to Donna and Julian Crocker for the Angela Lansbury Event Banners. One stands in front of St Paul’s Church, and the other is mounted on the wall at Windsor and Main with many other event banners. Thank you Julian and Donna.
- A Conversation with Angela Lansbury. Speaking of Angela Lansbury. Make sure you tell all of your friends about this very special event to benefit St Paul’s and encourage them to come. Tickets can be purchased at brownpapertickets.com. The direct link is http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2252207
- Questions for Angela: Do you have your question ready for Angela? Visit our website and click on the “More about Angela” tab for a few extra items to help you do your research at: http://stpaulscambria.org/more-about-angela.html
- Are you carpooling to Cuesta? Share the ride and the experience making your trip to and from Cuesta College with other parish members who might not feel comfortable making the trip alone. There’s safety in numbers, and more fun too.
- Scarecrow and Crew. For those of you, who haven’t heard…we have a new member at St Paul’s, at least for a while. Ann Glaser and Anne Harris Smith have been busy creating our newest Scarecrow to grace the front garden of St Paul’s to share in Cambria’s Annual Scarecrow Festival. Judy Olson was also a contributor in the exhibit’s creation. Jim Wilson transported it in his pickup and he and Leonard Kohout pounded anchors to secure it. On Friday our newest Scarecrow was installed for all to see. Pictures will be available on our website and our Facebook page. (We managed to get our digital Kodak moment). We’ve been told that the inspiration for our scarecrow has a connection and a history with several member of our parish family (both past and present). As Paul Harvey used to say, “Wait until you hear the rest of the story.” Stay tuned for more and look for an update on our website: http://stpaulscambria.org/
- Monthly Food Distribution: This Sunday will be your last opportunity to share something from your pantry or from your trip to the grocery for our Community Food Drive. Please bring your nonperishable, and current code food contributions (no end of shelf life items, please) to church on Sunday. Your contributions will be packed up and brought to our friends at Santa Rosa Church to share with those who are less fortunate than us in the community pantry. Thank you all for your contributions and donations in kind as designated on your envelop or check.
- Volunteer Schedules: Michelle has prepared the volunteer schedules for October and November. Be looking for them in your “In box” soon. Copies will be posted in the parish hall. As always, if you cannot serve on your assigned Sunday, please find someone to fill your position, and report it to the Parish Office and update it on the board in the parish hall. Thank you.
- Other Volunteers: As we approach our big fundraiser event, some of you may be asked to assist in another small project or two connected with our fundraising event. We appreciate your “volunteer spirit”.
- Building security: As the temperatures heat up, we open the windows for a little relief. When you’re using one of the facilities at the church, please close and lock the windows and doors when you leave. We’ve have several incidents when that hasn’t happened recently. :--)
- Wednesday Night Bible Study. Bible Scholars we will meet at the usual place and time, (6:00 pm at the church chapel downstairs). As you know we follow Track II, and next week’s study items can be found here at the lectionary page: http://www.lectionarypage.net/YearB_RCL/Pentecost/BProp22_RCL.html and will be updated on our church website no later than tomorrow morning. The individual selections are: Genesis 2:18-24, Hebrews 1:1-4; 2:5-12, Mark 10:2-16 .
- Garden Party: Many thanks to all who participated in the care of our Church Garden and to those who participated in our Sunday Afternoon Tea, (iced tea that is). It was a nice afternoon, and a gentle breeze, made it a perfect choice for a hot Sunday afternoon. The iced tea and sandwiches really hit the spot, Miss Digby was a welcome addition too.
- Time for change: It’s that time of year again. Break out your change cups, and dust them off. Our Outreach Committee will gladly take all of your extra change off of your hands and put it to a worthy cause. If you’ve misplaced yours, or need another, notify Leonard and he will make sure that you get one. Many Thanks! More to follow.
- Most important here today: Please keep Michelle, her mother Lois Costa and their family in your prayers.
Your “Short and Sweet” Updates for this week.
Peace and Prayers!